On auspicious Independence Day, we announced Certificate Course in Addiction Medicine for Family Physicians.
In order to give momentum to our projects on mental health and deaddiction, we conducted a Certificate Course in Addiction Medicine for Family Physicians.
This comprehensive course gives great insight into the process of addiction and its multidimensional holistic solution.
This is with the Rotary club and other NGOs.
There is an excellent response. 75 doctors participated.
We are inaugurating this course on Friday 31st August at 1.30 PM at Spandan hospital.
Rotary Club of Mumbai Ghatkopar under Rotary Foundation’s Global Grant No.1748107 organizes:
15th Certificate Course in Addiction Medicine for Family Physicians
RC Deonar, Spandan Holistic Mother and Child Care Hospital, Muktaa Charitable Foundation, Pune and Department of Psychiatry and deaddiction center, KEM MUMBAI.
There were 7 sessions from 1.30 pm to 5.30 pm every Friday starting from 31st Aug 2018
Venue: Spandan Holistic Mother-and-Child Care Hospital, Near Deonar fire brigade, Deonar municipal colony, Deonar, Govandi west
Near sai mandir.
1.30 pm to 2.30 pm Lunch.
2: 30 pm to 5 .30 pm: Speaker sessions and Q & A sessions.
Certificates were given only to those participants who
1) Attended at least 5 out of 7 sessions and clear the written quiz.
2) Presented 3 Addiction related cases during the training period.
3) Cleared written exam with 75% marks.
4) Presented 2 cases on addiction
1) Understanding Addiction: It’s extent, causes, and effects from a GP’s perspective
2) Nicotine Addiction: The King of Addictions
3) Alcohol addiction: How a GP can help?
4 ) Opioid and Cannabis: Understanding the world of illicit drugs
5) Stimulants, hallucinogens, inhalants, club drugs designer drugs, etc: Understanding the world of illicit drugs
6) Government’s role in drug abuse control- Understand the legal aspect of addiction
7) Learning Brief intervention technique and Motivational interviewing technique for dealing with patients with drug abuse
8) Substance Abuse and Mental Health: Holistic Perspective: Dr. Praful Barvalia and Team
Eminent speakers in the field of Addiction have been part of the resource team to conduct the Workshop:
Dr. Shubangi Parkar Ex. Dean KEM Hosp
Dr. Harish Shetty, Renowned Psychiatrist
Dr. Ashish Deshpande, President Of Bombay Psychiatrist Society,
Dr. Shilpa Adarkar KEM center for Deaddiction Mumbai,
Dr. Kunal Oswal Tobacco specialist: Recovering addicts.
Dr. Praful Barvalia and spandan Team took Substance Abuse and Mental Health: Holistic Perspective
Registration Fees: Only Rs 500/- for all 7 sessions.
Role of Spandan Holistic Mother and Child Care Hospital in Mental Health and De-addiction – Read More (Click Here)