Spandan Homeopathic Clinic and Research Centre located in Chembur – Deonar offers wide range of specialities including, Centre for HIV/AIDS, Diabetes Clinic, Gynecology and Obstetrics Clinic, Ophthalmology Clinic, Dental Clinic, OrthopaedicClinic, PhysiotherapyClinic, Rheumatology Clinic, Pathology Laboratory, Sonography Centre.
At Spandan we offer excellent laboratory services as we believe in quality assurance, customer friendly service and reliable reporting. CDC offers a comprehensive and wide range of routine as well as specialized laboratory tests.
Spandan’s Well-equipped medical centre has following units.
- Homoeopathic Clinicand Research Centre
- Specialized Centre for HIV/AIDS
- Diabetes Clinic
- Gynecology and Obstetrics Clinic
- Ophthalmology Clinic
- Dental Clinic
- Rheumatology Clinic
- Pathology Laboratory
Homoeopathic Clinic and Research Centre
Homoeopathy is a holistic science, which has an excellent scope in the management of various acute as well as chronic illnesses. Homoeopathic medicines are immunomodulators, It is cost effective. Homoeopathy is a central therapeutic modality at our institute. We have a team of senior consultants and well-trained junior physicians to manage the clinic. We follow a standardized system and sound methodology to ensure good results. We have undertaken various projects in clinical research. Viz. Developmental Disability, HIV/AIDS, Diabetes, Rheumatology etc.
Specialized Centre for HIV/AIDS
M.B. Barvalia Foundation’s Holistic Institute of applied Homoeopathy has been working in the field of HIV/AIDS over last 6 years. In collaboration with Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS) it conduct the project – “Holistic Intervention in HIV/AIDS”. It runs Homoeopathic Mobile Clinic through huge Mobile Van, which visits various slum areas of N Ward and M Ward of Mumbai.
Holistic Clinical Care in HIV Disease
Foundation carried out Homoeopathic Management of HIV patients based on rational principle. We co-ordinate with HIV services of KEM Hospital for periodical Clinical Evaluation and CD4, CD8 cells investigation. This not only becomes cost effective but we are in a position to study the documented cases. This helps us to explore application of Homoeopathic therapeutics in HIV disease.
- Clinical Centre for HIV/AIDS at Naidu Colony opp.Bldg. 161, Near Jain Temple, Pant Nagar, Ghatkopar, (E), Mumbai 400 075.
- We work in collaboration with HIV services of K.E.M. Hospital to carry out assessment of Immunological parameter.
- Comprehensive mobile clinic in slum areas of M & N ward in collaboration with Mumbai District AIDS Control Society (MDACS).
- Community Care
Foundation carries out homoeopathic management of HIV patients based on rational principles. Homoeopathy is the holistic system of medicine based on law of similar and selection of homoeopathic medicines is based on the understanding of the entire personality structure.
We run homoeopathic department, which is managed by senior competent homoeopathic Consultations.
All the cases are thoroughly investigated in our pathological laboratory and we co-ordinate with HIV services of KEM hospital for periodical Clinical evaluation and CD4 – CD8 cells investigations.
Comprehensive mobile clinic – Carries out clinical activities in slum areas of ‘M’ and ‘N’ ward in collaboration with MDACS (Mumbai District Aids Control Society)
- Knowledge Care : ( Advanced Homoeopathic Education )
- Advanced education and fellowship programme for graduates and post – graduates doctors.
- CME programme for Homoeopathic doctors.
- Orientation programme and workshops for doctors.
We carry out Homoeopathic Management of HIV patients based on rational principles. We co-ordinate with KEM hospital for periodical CD4 & CD8 cells investigations and we monitor all other parameters in specially designed formats to maintain scientificity of the project. Thus we not only manage cases but we are in a position to conduct RESEARCH, which helps us to explore application of homoeopathic therapeutics in HIV disease.
We have professional counselors who assist in the management of HIV patients. They also coordinate out reach projects.
Yoga is the elimination of mental fluctuation. We are utilizing synergistic action of Yoga and Homoeopathy to deal with emotional stress and reactions which come up in Individual suffering from HIV disease. We come across sadness, despair withdrawal panic, anxiety, fears as strong accompaniments in HIV disease. Cultural and meditational asanas help to deal with this aberration and improve mental health.
Community Care :
Comprehensive Homoeopathic Mobile Clinic
Since January 2003, mobile van visits ‘M’ ward & ‘N’ ward.
This huge van is almost like a bus. It has 2 cabins, examination table, and reception and dispensing unit. Project is comprehensive and it promotes Homoeopathy in slum areas and renders various services:
Mobile Clinic carries out following functions:
- Homoeopathic management of actual HIV case through mobile clinic’s doctor’s team.
- Spreading awareness about HIV/AIDS in the area where risk behaviour is high. Attempting to modify behaviour.
- Early identification of the cases which cases which have not been diagnosed.
- Through investigations of cases of HIV/AIDS and other S.T.I.
- Explaining them various options for further management.
- Coordinating HIV patient’s management with doctors of our centre.
- Coordinating patient’s management with other agency/institutes Hospital.
- Early identification and diagnosis through screening.
- Education and prevention of HIV disease in community.
- This we do through spreading awareness about HIV/AIDS in the area where risk behaviour is high. By periodically conducting camps, exhibitions, orientation workshops and by collaborating with other NGO and local groups.
A multidisciplinary team of Diabetologist, Homoeopath, Yoga expert, Pathologist manages our Holistic Diabetes clinic. We conduct camps and awareness lectures for diabetics as well as general population. We are soon going to inaugurate our Holistic Diabetic club. We conduct regular free diabetes detection camp in slum areas.
Diabetes Mellitus is increasingly becoming common and is attributed to genetic failures, dietary habits and life style patterns. Followings are the objectives of Spandan Holistic Diabetes Clinic
- To initiate awareness in masses about early detection of DM and its rational management.
- To impart knowledge to masses about various dimensions of DM:
- Predisposing & risk factors related to dietary habits
- Impact of life style pattern on DM
- Importance of regular pathology investigation in management of DM
- To demonstrate role of multidisciplinary approach in management of DM
- Scientific documentation of role of Homeopathy in management of DM
- Demonstrating importance of Yoga and meditation in management of DM
- Experiencing the importance of spiritual health in handling ltifaceted sinister disease.
Gynecology and Obstetrics Clinic
This department is managed by competent gynecologist. They coordinate with the homoeopathic department for medical management. Number of women coming from low socio-economic class, slum areas have been utilizing the services. We wish to expand our services in this area and envisage a full fledged maternity home in near future.
We have a well-equipped ophthalmology clinic. Numbers of patients have been utilizing our services. It is immensely helpful for number of patients who report in our regular OPDs like diabetes clinic, childcare centre etc. we have conducted camps of centre as well as in slum areas.
Dental clinic is managed by competent dentist and caters to all the aspects of dental care and treatment. Enthusiastic team also help in organizing and conducting dental camps for community / schools.
Various rheumatological diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing spondylosis is fairly chronic and leads to serious disabilities. Integrated care provides excellent response. What are the faculties, which work in coordination to deliver this cure:
- Homoeopathic Faculty
- Orthopaedic Faculty
- Yoga teacher
Our centre is well equipped with physiotherapy clinic Yoga Department and pathology laboratory co-ordination of homeopaths with orthopaedic surgeon and rheumatologist, with physiotherapist and yoga teacher allow integrated holistic care of such patients with scientific evaluation.
Physiotherapy clinic is run of a very low cost. It is helpful to patients suffering from neuro-orthopaedic disorders.
Various rheumatological diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis are fairly chronic & leads to serious disabilities. Integrated care provides an excellent response. What are the faculties which work in coordination to deliver this cure:
- Homoeopathic Faculty
- Orthopaedic faculty
- Yoga teacher
Rational Homoeopathic therapeutics bring about good control over auto immune activity of the rheumatological process. Orthopaedic surgeon helps in evaluation as well as in deciding specific accessories. He carries out corrective/repairative surgery whenever necessary.
Physiotherapy helps a lot in mobilization and improves functional capacity to a great extent. It’s an important ancillary measure at various stages of disease.
Yoga plays much more holistic role in the treatment of Rheumatology disorders. Cultural as well as meditational asanas have a positive impact on the body as well as mind.
Rheumatology is one of the youngest disciplines in the medical sciences but has significant growth over the last few decades. Despite increased awareness as well as knowledge about the nature of diseases, many of these illnesses eventually continue the relentless course, brings about severe disabilities and finally produces myriad of irreversible changes with painful terminal phase.
Our center is well equipped with a physiotherapy clinic Yoga dept. & Pathology laboratory Co-ordination of Homeopaths with orthopedic surgeons and rheumatologists, with physiotherapists & yoga teacher allows integrated holistic care of such patients with scientific evaluation.
Well equipped pathology laboratory with analyzer managed by competent personnel carrying out entire range of all investigations like routine chemistries, electrolytes, immuno assays, hormones, coagulation as well as histopathological investigations.
Team from pathology laboratory also works in close coordination with homoeopathic research centre, holistic child care centre, Rheumatology clinic, thyroid clinic, hematology clinic and holistic AIDS care centre. They help in proper documentation of cases as well as for research work. Thus we have designed specific profiles for patients belonging to these categories. Profiles are cost-effective. Additional research discounts are given to those physicians and organizations that wish to undertake research.