Holistic Journey Begins…
We established our trust in February 1997.
April – Trust registration with charity commissioner
July – Inauguration by then Hon’ble Minister Shri Prakash Mehta: Holistic Child Care Centre and Special School; Dedicated to children with mental Health dysfunction: Operating through Holistic Multidisciplinary Approach.
January – Collaboration with SAVE FOUNDATION, Sangli which has been working in the field of HIV/AIDS. Spandan started a training programme on HIV/AIDS. Spandan started a training programme on HIV /AIDS for their doctors. Dr. Prasad Kelkar has been their coordinator.
Spandan Holistic Child Care Centre receives accreditation from the National Trust for the welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and multiple disabilities under ministry of social Justice and Empowerment Govt. of India Reg. No. 1338 / MR – CP-MD-AUT / 2006.
We conducted a global training course for doctors from Europe. They were extremely impressed by the dedicated efforts of the team and were moved by witnessing our activities in the slum area. This motivated them and they have taken up a fundraising drive for Spandan in Ireland.
March – Spandan Holistic Institute of Applied Homoeopathy receives accreditation From AYUSH, Ministry of health and social welfare, Govt of India, New Delhi. This will enable SPANDAN to carry out quality research in collaboration with AYUSH.
April – After crossing various hurdles, finally a paper plot with dilapidated maternity home was allotted. Premium paid.
- 26th January – Inauguration of the first phase of Hospital: we started maternity and OPD services. This was possible with the help of:
- Donations to the M. B. Barvalia Foundation
- Philanthropist/corporate donations: Jwelex Foundation and Reliance Foundation
- Grant: Ayush ministry (10% only)
- 12th July 2015 – 41st Free Multidisciplinary Camp for Children with Mental Health Problems, Developmental Disabilities, and Neurological Disorder at Spandan Holistic Mother – and – Child Care Hospital, Deonar, Govandi, Mumbai.