A very systematic, pre-decided, and the well-defined procedure is followed. It initiated the following process, reconstructing the child’s profile. Appropriate targets are set and some of them are expected to be realized within a stipulated time.
Assessment and Evaluation:
|Make a baseline and determine an action plan for a structured curriculum.||Motor and sensory||All the nationally recognized testing scales|
|Make the subject less difficult to teach.||Intellectual|
|Modify instructional programs as and when needed.||Psychosomatic|
|Evolve an appropriately structured curriculum.||Behavior disorder|
PRINCIPLES OF CURRICULUM PLANNING:
- Develop an ability to translate information verbally and in writing; judgmental ability; grasping power.
- Comprehension, learning through a blackboard and the three R’s
- Behavior correction.
- Psychosomatic stability.
- Syllabus designed according to the child’s needs – NOS, functional education, vocational training.
- Set achievable goals.
- For Autism, the emphasis s on language and communication development; behavior, and SI corrections.
|Classroom Planning||Teaching Methods||Therapy|
|IEP based||Charts||Sensory Integration|
|Flexible grouping||FlashCards||Occupation Therapy|
|Regular units tests & exams||Music Therapy|
For this, the dynamism of students, family, and teachers is of utmost importance. Corrective measures, if necessary, are taken.
|Overall personality||Parental acceptance||Motivation|
|Moral values||Expectations from child & school||Planning ability in classroom configuration|
|Adjustment in class and with peers||Understanding||Practically of the prescribed syllabus|
|Self-esteem||Cooperation||Ability to adhere to school philosophy.|
|Optimum attainability of the goal within a prescribed timeframe||Family Constellation||Ability to work in accordance with the well-defined methodology and well-prescribed curriculum|
|Educational background||Ability to work within the timeframe set for the target goal|
The school takes pride in accepting the challenges of the severest cases of autism, unlike other centers. On 3rd Dec for the World Disability Day, our students from the Autism School participated in the ‘Dignity Walk’ conducted at Powai along with people of all ages, groups, and from every walk of life, including students from other special and mainstream schools. Six-year-old Master Stalin also covered the 2.5 km distance cheerfully.
- Our students always steal the hearts of general people when they perform in cultural programs organized by other institutions.
- All the festivals are celebrated with fervent enthusiasm.
- The School holds in-service lectures regularly for the staff to update them with the latest techniques followed the world over.
Parents are encouraged to become active participating partners in their child’s development process. Regular meetings and workshops are organized.