Spandan's Leading Team
Dr. Praful Barvalia
(EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN AND FOUNDER)
- Dr. Praful Barvalia, Founder Chairman of Spandan organization which runs Spandan Holistic Mother and Child Care Hospital and Special school, is a well known figure in the field of Medicine & Education. Gold Medalist& M.D. in Homoeopathic Medicine, he was Professor in Smt.CMP Homoeopathic Medical College for 15 years.
- He was the principal investigator in Ayush sponsored extramural research project on Autism. He has conducted quality research in the field of THYROID DISORDERS, AUTISM, MOOD DISORDER AND & HIV/AID
- He pioneered a holistic integrated research-based approach in child care which is extremely popular. This is based on the sound philosophical foundation of the holistic concept of Homoeopathy as enunciated by Dr Samuel Hahnemann & concept of child development as elaborated by Jean Piaget. This is known as SPANDAN – SYMPHONY.
- He is Trustee of Dr.M.L.Dhawale Memorial Trust.
- He is visiting faculty in various institutes in India & abroad.
- Past Editor-in-Chief of Indian Journal of Homoeopathic Medicine for 12 years, 200 articles/cases, published/presented in journals or seminars.
Shree Sudheendra Kulkarni
- He is one of the pillars of our Institute. He has consistently guided Spandan team for Spandan Holistic Mother – and – Child Care Hospital at Deonar. He is the trustee and President of the Institute.
- Shri. Sudheendra Kulkarni, Journalist, Activists, Versatile Personality, is our Trustee and guide. Chairman of Observer Research Foundation.
- Currently, he is Chairman of Observer Research Foundation.
- He has created a strong platform for the exchange of ideas and crystallization of concepts, which are extremely crucial to vital aspects of our Society like sanitization, Health Care, Foreign Policies etc, He was past Joint Secretary in Prime Minister’s office.
Dr. Raju Manmohan
- Consultant obstetrician& gynecologist with experience of nearly 19 years.
- Attended FOGSI approved training for obstetrics and gynecological sonography. Associated with several hospitals and medical centres as well as a private clinic.
- Managing committee member of the Surgical Society of Chembur.
Dr. Rekha H. Udani
(M.D. in Pediatrics)
- M.D. in Paediatrics by profession.
- Recipient of Heinz fellowship for training in Neonatology at the UK.
- Presented more than 300 research papers in International & National Conferences and conducted more than 220 workshops on Breastfeeding and Kangaroo Mother Care from 1978 till 2016.
- An eminent member of several professional institutions like Indian Paediatrics, National Neonatology Forum, Research Society, Seth G. S. Medical College and K. E. M. Hospital Mumbai, Breastfeeding promotion Network of India, Mumbai branch of IAP, National Neonatology Forum Mumbai and Mumbai Breastfeeding Promotion Committee.
- Has addressed several guest lectures and orations, not only at various places in India as well as in the UK, Hong Kong and Colombia.
- Significant contributor to various chapters in Paediatrics and Neonatal Recent Advances and books.
Dr. Sharmishtha P.Jadhav-Kewle
(MBBS, DGO, FCPS)
- FCPS (OBGY) by profession with More than 12 years of remarkable experience in the field of obstetrics and gynecology including emergency surgeries.
- Her major contribution has been into caesarean sections, hysterectomies, MTPS, Fothergill, uterosacral advancement, vaginal tubal ligation and hysterectomy.
Dr. Hemangi R.Athawale
MBBS, MS (General Surgery) M.Ch.(Pediatric surgery)
- Dedicated pediatric surgeon with vast experience and excellence in newborn, child and adolescent surgeries.
- Proactive and high performing professional committed to achieving the best possible outcome for each and every child.
Dr. Vicky Jain
M.B.B.S., M.S.(General Surgery) Mch (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon) DAFPRS fellowship in Aesthetic Surgeon
- Internationally trained Aesthetic and Cosmetic Surgeon.
- Meritorious board-certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, completing his education from the best institutes of the country.
- Awarded an International Fellowship in Aesthetic Surgery from DAFPRS in Switzerland, Europe. The fellowship is officially endorsed by the European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS) and approved by the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS).
- Founder of Dr. Ram’s Children’s Hospital (established in 1981 with accommodation of 25 beds).
- Certified Nutritionist from Nutritional Institute of California.
- Sir has successful practice for nearly 20 years with a remarkable service of treating almost 150 patients every day.
Dr. Taral Nagda
(MBBS, MS in Orthopaedics, DNB in Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery
- A Senior Consultant at the department of Paediatric Orthopaedics in SRCC Children’s Hospital, Dr.Taral Nagda has over 2 decades of rich professional experience in his field.
- Dr.Taral Nagda has treated several patients suffering from bone and joint disorders in India and gives every patient the best of medical care.
- He has published several papers in India and abroad and is a member of prestigious medical associations.
Dr. Ashish Mehta
(MBBS, MCh – Neurosurgery , Consultant)
- A Consultant at the department of Neurosurgery in Saifee Hospital, with a decade of rich professional experience in his field.
- He has published several papers in India and abroad.
- Member of prestigious medical associations.
- He believes in promoting health awareness and following a healthy lifestyle. Dr.Ashish Mehta is a reputed doctor and gives his patients his undivided attention.
Dr. Shankar Chawla
- A known name for homeopathic treatments in the city is Dr. Shankar Chawla with vast experience of more than 20yrs of successful practice. Having studied in reputed institutes in the medical space, this practitioner has carved a niche in the field. With a personal drive to offer better services to the patients, the doctor makes a conscious effort at every step of the way.
- Dr. Shankar Chawla has consistently engaged in studies and discussion related to field and by doing so has kept abreast with the latest inventions and progress made in this field of medicine. With every passing year, lifestyle changes and because of this, there is a need for more refined and accurate treatment. This medical professional aims at giving the patients ways by which they can improve their health status and heal from the health challenges they face
Dr. Dharav Sunil Shah
(MD in Psychiatry)
- MD in Psychiatry by profession, he is also a Class II Psychiatrist with Maharashtra Institute of Mental Health.
- He has extensively worked on spreading awareness about tobacco and alcohol consumption at an educational institution.
- He has addressed several conferences as a guest speaker on awakening to alcohol epidemic, a common cause of emotional turmoil, strengthening school curriculum regarding addiction etc.
- He has also attended numerous workshops in the field of mental health.
Dr. Purnima Thacker
(PhD, MA in Clinical Psychology)
Dr. Purnima Thacker completed her M.A in Clinical Psychology in 1978 and PhD in 2015. She has over 30 years of experience in the field. She has co-authored several papers on topics such as schizophrenia, social anxiety and many more. She is an executive committee member of Bombay Psychological Association and is also on the panel of the Child Welfare Trust and Dhanvantary School for Special Kids, Kutch. An active participant in medical camps, she has worked on the assessment and counselling for ADHD, autism and learning disability.
Dr. Anita Chitre
(M. Phil & MA in Clinical Psychology)
She has more than 15 years of experience as a Consulting and Senior Psychologist. Her special area of interests is learning Disability, Autism and Art-based intervention. She has participated as a co-author in several research papers based on Indian children having learning disability at International Congress of Psychology, 2004 and Indian Journal of Medical Sciences 2007.
Dr. Bishnoo Behra
(M.D. in Homeopathy)
- Homeopathy Consultant by profession, he has more than 19 years of clinical experience in Homeopathy. Apart from Spandan Holistic Institute, he has also served at Dr. Batra’s Positive Health Pvt Ltd, Homeopathy and Institute of Clinical Research, Homoeopathy, Mumbai.
- Dr. Bishnoo Behera specializes in acute as well as chronic ailments especially allergic bronchitis, asthma, arthritis, migraine, skin diseases, musculoskeletal disorders, children’s diseases, gynecological disorders.
Dr. Leela D’Souza
MD (Hom), CIH (Cardiology)
Dr. Leela is a Mumbai-based homeopathic professional whose experience includes intensive graduate medical training at India’s leading homeopathic medical institution in Mumbai, completed in 1990. She completed her MD (Hom) from MUHS, Nashik in 2008 with a Dissertation entitled “Emergency Management in Homeopathy”. She obtained a post-graduate MSc (Homeopathy) degree from UCLAN, UK in 2009 with a Dissertation entitled “How Can We Develop Suitable Clinical Trials for Research in Classical Homeopathy”. Her present interests include the management of in-patients in homeopathic hospitals and clinical research in classical homeopathy. She has been in practice for over 20 years.
Dr. Nrupen Bhutkar
MD (Homoeopathic Repertory), PhD Scholar MUHS (Hom. Paediatrics)
Dr. Nrupen has more than 7 years of teaching experience as Assistant Professor at Dept. of Practice of Medicine at Sawkar HMCSatara.
Rahul Raja Jainar
Rahul is a Mumbai based social worker, who has completed an MA in education. He is a certified para-professional social worker from Nirmala Niketan College of Social Worker, Mumbai. He has been working with Spandan since 2009 as Project Coordinator. His past experiences include extensive work on total care for children with disability and mental health dysfunction. The institutions he had served are Sankalp Rehabilitation Trust, Sankalp Gramin and Shahari Samaj Vikas Sanstha, AAKASH and Stree Shakti Samaj Vikas Sanstha. He has also worked as a reporter with Dainik Khari Warta.
- Mr. Anil Barvalia
- Mr. Piyushbhai Kothari
- Dr. Prakash Kothari
- Dr. Kamaxi Bhate
- Mr. Maheshbhai Gandhi
- Dr. Shankar Chawla
- Mr. A.V. Suresh
- Dr. Praful Barvalia
- Dr. Alka Barvalia
- Dr. Shankar Chawla
- Dr. Ram Subramaniam
- Dr. Bishnoo Bhera
- Dr. Chhaya Laddha
- Dr. Rahul Suryavanshi
- Dr. Nurpen S.Bhutkar
- Dr. Sushil A. Jain
- Dr. Dewangi Metha
- Dr. Leela D’sSouza
- Dr. (Mrs.) Raju Manmohan
- Dr. Vinit Dhadke
- Dr. Rekha Udani
- Dr. Nilesh Shah
- Dr. Praveen Gangane
- Dr. Neelam Agarwal
- Dr. Sayali Puranik
- Dr. Pravin Singhe
- Dr. Mangesh Kadam
- Dr. Shrinath Aterya
- Dr. Taral Nagada
- Dr. Jaydeep Dhamele
- Dr. B. Shrivastava
- Dr. Prashant Bansode
- Dr. Vicky Jain
- Dr. Hemangi R. Athawale
- Dr. Neha Kamble
- Mr. Rohit Ojha
- Dr. Purnima Thankkar
- Ms. Geeta Behera
- Ms. Anita Chitre
- Dr. Madhukar Trivedi
- Dr. Prachi Barvalia-Mehta
- Dr. Pravina U. Shah
- Dr. Dharav Sunil Shah
- Dr. Ashish Mehta
- Dr. Taral Nagada
- Dr. Jaydeep Dhamele
Dr. Dhruv Mehta
Dr. Darshana Pandit
- Dr. Rekha Udani
- Dr. Alka Barvalia
- Dr. Hemangi Karmarkar
- Dr. Anjali Sabnis
- Jyoti Kamble
- Neelam Kamble
- Alka Gholap
- Rekha Suresh Awachar
- Manisha Lanjekar
- Deepak Tikekar
- Ajanta Iyer
- Deepmala Nikam
- Sudha Shetty
- Ratnamala Saboo
- Jagan Wekhande
- Dr. Praful Barvalia
- Mr. Sudheendra Kulkarni
- Mr. Hasmukh Barvalia
- Mr. Gunvant Barvalia
- Dr. Kumar Dhawale
- Karan Barvalia
- Saloni Barvalia
- Mehul Barvalia
- Chintan Barvalia
- Dinesh Danani
- Sanjay Joshi
- Dr. Prachi Barvalia
- Maunish Barvalia
- Kaushal Parekh
- Sanjiv Parekh
- Abhay Parekh
- Harakh Gosar
Volunteers in Past:
- Nidhi Shetty
- Mayank Lakhotia
- Kevin Maru
- Vilas Pitale
- Mr Visvanathan