REPORT ON INTERDISCIPLINARY WORKSHOP
M. B. Barvalia foundation’s Spandan institute, established by Dr. Praful Barvalia, is dedicated to children with developmental disabilities, and mental health issues. It provides its services, through a holistic multidisciplinary approach.
We had a wonderful interdisciplinary workshop under the guidance of a renowned neurologist Dr. Pravina Shah.
The following experts gave services:
- Pravina Shah (Senior Neurologist)
- Praful Barvalia ( Convener, Senior Homoeopath)
- Dhruv Mehta (Co- ordinator)
- Sujata Shrivastav (Special Educator)
- Dr Prachi Barvalia (Neurologist)
- Ram Subramannyam ( Pediatrician)
- Dr. Alka Barvalia (Homoeopath and Yoga Therapist)
- Darshana Bajage (Physiotherapist)
- Neha Kamble (Occupational Therapist)
- Rahul Suryavanshi (Homoeopath)
- Mr. Kotwal (Orthotist, Prosthetist)
- Bishnu Behra (Psychiatrist – Homeopath)
- Swapnil Kadam (Social worker.)
Discussion among clinicians of the panel gave very good insight into the nature of complex neurological disorders like refractory epilepsy, pelizaeus merbachar syndrome, Duchene muscular dystrophy, and their multidisciplinary management.
We have evaluated 98 children in the camp & many of them attended workshops and subsequent free therapy and management program.
Orthotist & Prosthetist, Mr. Kotwal, a very senior allied health professional assessed the functional limitation of the child & discussed the design of mobility aid & counseled the parents about its utility.
We provided free mobility aids to a number of disabled people from low-income groups.
As Swami Vivekanand says, every soul is potentially divine, so we believe, every child has divine potential and we together can help realize that.